Saturday, December 11, 2010

Continued Without a Finding

roundlogojpg

CWAF, short for Continued Without a Finding was started by guitarist Tom Walsh and drummer John Gillis when they were like, 10 or something. Frank Fernald played bass for a while before he moved into the old Army Barracks in Hingham Cove. I joined in 2003 on bass and vocals. Tom and John had a shitload of songs already written musically so I provided all of the lyrics. Most of the bands I've been in I wrote music for and occasionally lyrics, but with CWAF I wrote all the lyrics and none of the music. It was quite liberating knowing I had 2 of the most creative musicians to handle the tunes and all I had to do was write about, well, whatever! We played a mix of grind/doom/noise all wrapped up in a groove.

We played our first show with me in the band at Tom’s house in Weymouth. It can be found in photo form here. The Reverend from Return to the Pit took the pictures. Check out his site, he took a lot of shots of CWAF and the other Weymouth bands. He also does a weekly radio show on WUNH in New Hampshire. CWAF did a live set on his program, that can be downloaded here. We later released that recording plus 3 songs that Tom recorded in my living room on a four track. Here’s the cover artwork for that CD.

RTTP idea 2 jpeginside RTTP idea final copy

My next post will contain our studio cd called Cropduster. Megaupload is being a bitch tonight, so I’ll try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment